Leggings : Spanx
Leggings : Terez via Shopbop
Leggings : similar pair from Alo Yoga
Leggings : Forever21
Leggings : cheap version via Forever21
Good morning…I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday and thanks for stopping by today’s Trend Spin Linkup!
Today’s trend is LEGGINGS
I am OBSESSED with leggings. And I am even MORE OBSESSED with leggings when I travel.
I think the reason for this, is that it is dressier than wearing sweats/pajamas on a flight, but still allows you to look fashion forward. Plus it allows you to remain very comfy and warm on your flight (avoid shorts or skirts, as sometimes the temperature on flights can get very cold or your legs will stick to the plastic seats…yuck). I linked some of my favorite leggings I have worn in my “airport fashion” above.
Also, I am sharing some of my favorite travel tips. I not only fly a lot for work, but also fly quite a bit for personal, so I have learned a lot along my way.
Top 5 travel pointers :
1. Bring an EMPTY waterbottle with you. Once you get through security, there are lots of places to fill it up, and then you aren’t paying $4+ dollars for a water bottle.
2. ALWAYS make sure to sign up for the different airline rewards programs. I am a Delta skymiles advocate, and it has allowed me to get multiple free flights last year from all my earnings. You are wasting your points and money if you don’t have one associated to your account.
3. I sometimes try to wear my heaviest clothing items through the airport, including coats, bags, hats and boots/shoes. This gives you more room in your bags, and also helps you stay under the baggage weight limit.
4. For longer flights, I love to pack hydrating items like a really good moisturizer, heavy duty lip balms, Aquaphor (my absolute FAVORITE) and even sometimes a facemask or under eye face pads. The reason behind this, is that most people get very dry on flights and can cause you to look dehydrated and tired after a flight. If you keep your skin moistened through the flight, you are more likely to look your best for your vacation.
5. I ALWAYS have wet wipes with me while I travel. Before EVERY flight, I make sure to wipe down my seat and my food tray before we take off. These can usually be covered with germs and I’ve seen some very concerning things being placed on the trays (used napkins, baby diapers, etc)…so think twice next time when you have a bear apple sitting on that tray. Be safe and wipe those germs away. Plus, it is easy to get sick after flying, and this is another precaution that helps you in catching any airborne germs.
Next week’s trend is DRESSED UP
While I love casual looks, I think I truly love being dressed up. Most of my wardrobe is filled with skirts, dresses, blouses and lots and lots of heels. Plus, I will most likely be dressed up for Thanksgiving (I always do), so I need to start searching for what I should wear.
I was thinking THIS DRESS from Nordstrom…thoughts?
Bloggers : All bloggers will be able to submit their post links via the inlinkz widget below every Tuesday at 12:00am CST with their take on our trend of the week. This will allow bloggers to show off their personal style, find new followers and meet some great fashionistas! You will also have the chance to be featured on our blogs the following Tuesday (if you make sure to link back to Laura and my blog) ! So grab the button and link up. = ) For all bloggers we simply ask that you please follow your hosts – Walking in Memphis in High Heels and The Fashion Canvas and provide a link to the Trend Spin Link-up in your post or add the button below to your blog. Don’t forget to stop by everyone’s blogs to see how they wore the trend today. Leave a comment on my blog, and also on at least 5 other blogs!
Add your link below and make sure to follow the theme for your chance to be featured on our blogs.
Buy Now at Shopbop
Tie Scrunchie fashion
heart Diana Broussard Lazer Detail Eurydice E...
Raquel Diniz Alice Long Short Sleeve Dress
click here to get the look
Rosmund Sequin Gown style